WatchGuard AP225W IEEE 802.11ac 867 Gbit/s Wireless Access Point
Today's users demand fast and secure Wi-Fi connectivity no matter where they are. When you have a building full of demanding Wi-Fi users, you need a simple way to manage, monitor, and troubleshoot issues whenever they arise. When you manage the AP225W wall plate access point in the Wi-Fi Cloud, you have access to a complete set of Wi-Fi visibility, troubleshooting, and network health features. Discover the answers to happy Wi-Fi users and productive ITwith the AP225W.
The AP225W enables you to create an affordable Trusted Wireless Environment in multi-dwelling unit (MDU) structures such as dorm rooms, shared office spaces, smart apartments and condos, assisted living, military housing units, and hotels. It is built for the most demanding Wi-Fi users in mind.
UNIQUELY EFFECTIVE APPROACH TO SECURITY
The AP225W supports the only Wireless Intrusion Prevention System (WIPS) in the industry with high accuracy in classifying access points and client devices, properly enabling automatic prevention of Wi-Fi threats and keeping a network protected from wireless man-in-the middle attacks, evil twins, honeypots, and more.
FLEXIBLE MANAGEMENT OPTIONS
You can manage the AP225W with either an Firebox® via the Gateway Wireless Controller and receive a lightweight feature set, or with WatchGuard's Wi-Fi Cloud.
With the Wi-Fi Cloud you get an expanded set of features including patented security, marketing tools, network visibility and troubleshooting, and location-based analytics for optimal business insights. IT pros can also enjoy an entirely controller-less Wi-Fi man-agement experience including set-up, configuration, monitoring, troubleshooting, and improved corporate and guest Wi-Fi access, without worrying about the limitations of legacy controller infrastructure. Wi-Fi Cloud environments easily scale from one to an un-limited number of access points across multiple locations. Access points can be grouped in many ways including location, building, floor, and customer to maintain consistent policies
INTELLIGENT NETWORK VISIBILITY AND TROUBLESHOOTING
Wi-Fi Cloud helps IT professionals confidently provide answers to the most challenging Wi-Fi network questions, bringing the most complete set of Wi-Fi visibility, troubleshooting, and network health features ever introduced to the market. Pinpoint meaningful network problems and application issues by seeing when an anomaly occurs above baseline thresholds and remotely troubleshoot.
- Sleek, low-profile design mounts onto a standard wall junction box
- Location-based analytics let you analyze Wi-Fi usage with foot traffic and dwell time with customizable reports for automated delivery to your inbox
- Third radio used as a dedicated WIPS security sensor protects your airpace 24x7x365
- Takes less than two minutes to acti-vate and configure after connecting to the Wi-Fi Cloud
- Support for up to eight individual SSIDs per radio allows for maximum flexibility in network design
- Application firewall for over 1,900 applications, network connec-tion, and performance anomaly detection
- Continues to scan for wireless threats and enforces security policy even if the connection with the Wi-Fi Cloud is interrupted