Tyan Tempest EX S5545 Workstation Motherboard - Intel Q170 Chipset - Socket H4 LGA-1151 - Micro ATX
TYAN S5545 Workstation Motherboard Overview
TYAN's S5545 is a Micro-ATX motherboard designed for Desktop, Thin Client, and Workstation applications. With native onboard support for thee simultaneous displays from DVI and DisplayPort connectors, the motherboard is a cost effective way to support multiple monitors without the need for a discrete video adapter. It also features Intel AMT to allow IT or managed service providers to discover, repair, and protect their computing assets without the need of a BMC.
Expansion and I/O
The S5545AG2NR and S5545AG2NR-HE maximize possible PCIe slots with (3) PCIe Gen3 slots - (1) x16, (1) x8, and (1) x1. High Definition 7.1 audio for the S5545 is achieved through a Realtek ALC892 chipset.
Processor and Memory Options
There are two different s5545 motherboard SKUs, each designed to support a different class of processors. The S5545AG2NR supports desktop Core processors, features a Q170 PCH, and supports non-ECC memory. The S5545AG2NR-HE deploys a server grade C236 PCH which enables support for both the Xeon E3-1200 and ECC memory.
The S5545 features support for Intel's Rapid Storage Technology. Intel RST resides on the system PCH and enables the use of RAID through the onboard SATA ports, without the cost of purchasing or deploying a dedicated RAID card and without the consumption of a PCIe slot. With driver support for both Windows and Linux operating systems, Intel RST allows IT administrators to greatly reduce the overall system costs incurred when using a hardware RAID solutions.
TYAN's S5545 supports Intel's Active Management Technology v11.0. Intel AMT allows IT personnel better control over a fleet of desktop, workstation, and thin clients by providing out-of-band management that works even in the event of an operating system failure. The technology also provides support for high resolution Keyboard-Video-Mouse (KVM), allowing remote control of the system to be handed to remote support personnel in times of need. Management features such as Intel AMT help your business lower the TCO of the system by reducing the amount of time and effort expenditure needed by support technicians.
- Compatible Intel Core i3 processor is smart and responsive, which lets you use multiple applications without any lag
- DDR4 SDRAM compatible slot - Install memory that synchronizes electrical and clock signals for an efficient data throughput
- RAID supported levels provide data reliability and fault tolerance
- With 4 USB 3.0 port(s), data can be moved from your workstation to your device in fragments of a second
- DisplayPort transmits both audio and video signals through a common channel to deliver versatile performance
- Retrieve a significant number of PCI slots, expansion slots, and peripheral ports that have an enhanced heat dissipation capability with the Micro ATX workstation motherboard