TP-Link TL-FC311A-20 - Gigabit WDM SFP to RJ45 Fiber Media Converter
What This Product Does
TL-FC311A-20 is a gigabit media converter, providing a gigabit RJ-45 port and a gigabit SC fiber port, which can convert between electrical and optical signals. And long-distance data transmission through optical fiber can be applied to commercial scenarios such as park security monitoring and wireless networking.
How This Product Works
TL-FC311A-20 adopts WDM (wavelength division multiplexing) technology, helping send and receive data at a distance of up to 20 km with only a single mode fiber, which saves half of the cable deployment cost for customers. TL-FC311A-20 transmits data at 1550 nm wavelength and receives data at 1310 nm wavelength on optical fiber. Therefore, the terminal device used in conjunction with the TL-FC311A-2 should send data at a wavelength of 1310 nm and receive data at a wavelength of 1550 nm. TP-Link another media converter TL-FC311B-20 is one of the products that can cooperate with TL-FC311A-20.
Besides, this media converter can be used as a standalone device (no rack required) or used with TP-Link's TL-FC1420 rack for auto MDI/MDI-X in TX port in which duplex mode is automatically negotiated.
- Designed to convert 1000BASE-LX fiber to 1000Base-T copper media or vice versa.
- Auto-negotiation of Half-Duplex/Full-Duplex transfer mode.
- Supports auto MDI/MDIX for TX port.
- TL-FC311A-20 adopts WDM (wavelength division multiplexing) technology, helping send and receive data at a distance up to 20 km with only one single-mode fiber, which saves half of the cable deployment cost for customers compares to dual-fiber deployment.
- Wavelength: Tx 1550 nm, Rx 1310nm; Compatible TP-Link model: TL-FC311B-20, TL-SM321B-2 and TL-FC311B-2 (Only under 2km transmission).