Sans Digital EliteNAS EN872L12 SAN/NAS Storage System
The EliteNAS EN872L12 64 bit Edition is a comprehensive feature-dense 8U 72-bay 64-bit NAS + iSCSI + Fibre Channel (via optional add-on) unified / hybrid storage a 4.8GT/s Quick Path Interconnect dual Intel Xeon Quad-Core processor and 8GB DDR-3 ECC memory. The EN872L12 is a performance tuned NAS + iSCSI + Fibre Channel unified / hybrid server designed with hardware RAID protection and quad Gigabit Ethernet, capable of unlimited clients with network share, and supports in IP SAN or FC SAN storage. The built-in SAS expander feature allows expansion of up to 21 additional EliteSTOR SAS Expander JBOD storage units, up to a maximum of 360 drives, making a total of 1080TB total storage in a network sharing or iSCSI IP SAN or FC target Fibre Channel SAN envirnoment. With 216TB in a single rackmount, the EN872L12 is capable of fulfillng the most demanding storage needs.
Quad port Gigabit and Hardware RAID Hard Drives Protection
EliteNAS is built with simple setup and maintenance features. Installation wizard for easy implementation, convenience web-based management for local or remote configuration, quad 10/100/1000 network support for teaming or redundant networking, and hardware RAID support for your data storage make the EliteNAS a simple trouble free unit. Dedicated dual core hardware RAID processor RAID engines support online migration and expansion while offloading complex RAID calculations to improve overall performance.
Optional SAS Expander support for storage expansion
The 12G SAS expander module allows you to connect additional 12G SAS expander JBODs (EliteSTOR ES208X12, ES212X12, ES316X12, and ES424X12), or up to 120 total drives. (Additional Gateway License required)
Support 12G SAS or 6G SATA hard drives
Support to both high performance 12G SAS hard drives or high capacity, low cost 6G SATA hard drives.
Hardware RAID support up to 60
Supports latest RAID levels, including RAID 0, 1, 3, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60 for advanced data protection in large numbers of hard drive deployments.
Feature Rich Network Storage - Build-in Snapshot, Folder Replication and iSCSI
In comparison to other NAS units in the market, EliteNAS is bundled with many additional advanced features at no additional charge. iSCSI target support for iSCSI applications, iSCSI initiator support for easy future expansion, NAS to NAS folder replication, scheduled or on-demand volume snapshot, and local tape backup support, are just a few of the many features this product offers.
iSCSI Support for VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V
To take advantage of centralized storage for all virtual machines in VMware ESX or Vsphere, the EN436L12 can be used as a focal storage point for the VMWare ESX or ESXi server hosting multiple virtual machines. Utilizing the EN436L12 as an iSCSI target storage system for the VMware ESX/ESXi server, the EN436L12 is ready for your VMware storage virtualization needs.
Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization environment is also supported. With the support of SPC-3, iSCSI can be used in Microsoft Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2 clustering environment for high-availability applications.
- Supports IPV6 for more flexibility in allocating IP addresses and efficiency for routing web traffic.
- Multiple NAS Aggregation (single name space NAS expansion), allowing the integration of multiple or additional NAS units under a common root folder.
- OS mirroring along with the new management GUI interface.
- Highly efficient OS based on 64 bit Operating Systems.
- An intriguing Web GUI Using Web Browser GUI can configure, access and monitor the NAS/iSCSI.
- High file transfer rate for all types of protocols: NFS, AFP, CIFS, FTP, and iSCSI.
- Robust Journaling File Systems - XFS / EXT4.
- File-sharing for clients in heterogeneous or mixed OS platforms is supported.
- Support Teaming over Gigabit NICs.
- Supports 7 modes of network port bonding: Teaming for Load-Balancing & Fail-Over, 802.3ad.