Quantum Dot Hill AssuredSAN 4824 SAN Array
The AssuredSAN® 4000 Series SAN storage arrays includes dual controllers, fans, power, and hot swappable drives as standard. Patented EcoStor™ batteryless cache backup eliminates the need for battery maintenance, boosting availability.
These SAN storage systems are engineered to be able to demonstrate 99.999% availability and are compliant with NEBS Level 3 and MIL STD 810G requirements.Key Applications
Key SAN applications include: HPC, video post-production, media streaming, oil and gas apps, mobile datacenters, surveillance, telecom data capture, virtualization and other applications that require both performance and reliability.Software for Optimizing Performance and Protecting Data
RealStor™ Storage Operating System Enables Performance-enhancing SSD Configurations
RealStor software allows customers to implement next generation hybrid storage solutions that leverage the power of SSDs to increase storage performance. RealStor offers a range of options to boost performance no matter what your workload requirements. With RealStor you can choose flash read-cache, RealTier for Flash - storage tiering with SSDs, or RealTier for Capacity - storage tiering between different speed HDDs to boost IO performance. In addition, RealStor includes thin provisioning to make it easier to manage storage growth.
Software Tuned for Performance
Dot Hill's firmware is optimized for sequential I/O performance required in many demanding applications. Streaming high density and 4K video production is just one example where predictable high performance is required to deliver projects on time. Oil and Gas, and HPC applications also require storage that can sustain multiple streams of high-density data. Dot Hill's firmware is tuned to reliably deliver multiple streams through its Adaptive Read-ahead Algorithm.
Data Protection Software
- RealStor includes the rapid RAID rebuild feature, virtual snapshots, and asynchronous replication to enhance DR plans.
- Supports Windows, Linux, Mac OS X
- Microsoft and VMware certified.
The 4000 SAN storage arrays are powerful RAID data storage solutions which can scale to hundreds of terabytes of storage with additional expansion arrays. Our dual redundant design eliminates 'single points of failure' which can disrupt business operations. AssuredSAN arrays have dual active-active controllers for higher performance and failover, 'hot swappable' drives, dual power supplies and fans, all of which contribute to proven 99.999% uptime.
- Up to 6400 MB/s per second sequential reads, 5300 MB/s sequential writes
- Up to 120,000 IOPS for database and virtualized server applications
- Performance for HD, 2K, 4K, and 3D workflows
- Simultaneously streams to multiple hosts without disruption
- 4 ports per controller, 8 for dual controller models
- 16Gb, 8Gb Fibre Channel, 12Gb, 6Gb SAS, and 10Gb, 1Gb iSCSI host connectivity
- Patented EcoStor™ battery-free cache backup which eliminates battery maintenance.
- Support for encryption drives
- Support for mixed SAS and SSD drives for hybrid solutions
- AssuredSAN 4004 systems can scale to a total of 248 drives.
Rugged, Mobile Applications
- AssuredSAN 4004 models are NEBS Level 3 and MIL STD 810G compliant to meet Telecommunications requirements and Military standards for shock and vibration.