Plugable USB C to HDMI Adapter Cable - Connect USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 Laptops to HDMI Displays up to 4K@60Hz
Plugable USB-C to HDMI 2.0 Adapter Cable
The Plugable USB-C to HDMI 2.0 Adapter Cable enables an HDMI display to be connected to a computer via a USB-C port or Thunderbolt 3 port which supports "VESA DisplayPort Alternate Mode over USB-C" ("Alt Mode"). DisplayPort signaling is converted to HDMI 2.0 by a chip in the adapter cable.
6 foot/1.8m cable is a seamless, single cable solution for connectiing from your Thunderbolt 3 or USB-C system to your HDMI display, allowing for tidy installation and cable management without the need for additional dongles and HDMI extension cables.
Utilizes USB-C and HDMI 2.0 bandwidth to enable resolutions up to 3840x2160@60Hz (4K 60) and is backwards compatible with HDMi 1.4 displays and common resolutions below 4K such as: 3840x1440, 2560x1440, 2560x1080, 1920x1080 (1080P) and more.
4K at 60Hz Support Note: The host system must be able to support 3840x2160@60Hz and the connected monitor must comply with HDMI 2.0 standards in order to display 4K resolutions at a 60Hz refresh rate.
Alt Mode adapters allow you to add an additional display output easily and inexpensively on supported systems. Since DisplayPort Alternate Mode is a direct pipeline to the host graphics processor (GPU) in your system, the connected display will function with the same uncompromising performance of a natively attached display.
Video and photo editing, gaming, and other resource-intensive tasks are possible assuming that the system's GPU capabilities are sufficient for the application being used.
Compatibility & Details
Plug and Play installation on any Windows, Mac, or Linux host which supports DisplayPort Alternate Mode (Alt Mode) video output functionality.
Adapter has been fully tested for functionality on the 2018 iPad Pro (mirroring only), 2018 MacBook Air, 2017 iMac/iMac Pro, 2017 & 2018 MacBook/MacBook Pro, MacBook Retina 12" 2016 / 2017, Google Pixelbook, Chromebook Pixel 2015, Dell XPS 13 9360 / 9370 & XPS 15 9560 / 9570, and Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+.
Audio is supported on HDMI-equipped TVs and monitors with built-in speakers. Multi-channel audio supported via LPCM encoding only.
Late 2016 MacBook Pro can support multiple displays via Alt Mode adapters. (Up to 2 external displays on MBP with Intel graphics, and 4 external displays on MBP with AMD graphics.)
Note: The 2015 12" MacBook Retina supports maximum resolution of 4K@30Hz.
Most current phones and tablets with USB-C ports do not support Alt Mode video output.
ASMedia USB 3.1 controllers do not support Alt Mode video at this time.
Most motherboards with dual USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 ports are limited to a single Alt Mode output, and typically only support 1 USB-C Alt Mode adapter per system.
- USB-C to HDMI Cable-Utilizes the native video capabilities of USB-C ports on supported computers to drive a HDMI monitor with resolutions up to 3840x2160 @ 60Hz (4K) with this 6ft/1.8m adapter cable
- Resolutions-Cable utilizes USB-C and HDMI 2.0 bandwidth for HDR support and resolutions up to 3840x2160 @ 60Hz (4K). Also supports HDMI 1.4 displays and common resolutions below 4K such as 3840x1440, 2560x1440, 2560x1080, 1920x1080 (1080p) and more\n
- Important Note-Requires USB-C port which supports DisplayPort Alternate Mode, or Thunderbolt 3 port. Please note that an HDMI 2.0 capable system and display are required for 4K 60Hz
- Compatibility-HDMI to USB C adapter works with iPad Pro, modern Mac computers, Dell XPS, Microsoft Surface tablets and laptops, and other systems with Thunderbolt 3, Thunderbolt 4, or USB4 ports which support DisplayPort Alternate Mode over USB-C
- 2 Year Warranty-We love our Plugable products, and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 2-year limited parts and labor warranty as well as Seattle-based email support