Perle QUINT4-PS/1AC/24DC/3.8/SC Single-Phase DIN Rail Power Supply
The QUINT4-PS/1AC/24DC/3.8/SC Industrial Power Supply is rugged AC to DC and DC to DC Converter built to meet the high stability and efficiency expectations of industrial, machine automation and process control environments. It also feature the unique combination of preventive function monitoring and power reserve in an incredibly compact size. This Switching (switch mode) Power Supply ensures a regulated output voltage even in the event of voltage fluctuations in the power supply network. During parallel operation, and when connected to different phases, loads are reliably supplied even in the event of problems with the input voltage. With all required safety certifications to support ITE (Information Technology Equipment), ruggedized packaging, extended operating temperatures, high peak load capabilities and high isolation voltages, this QUINT Industrial Power Supply is designed to meet the need of your industrial application.
POWER BOOST: reliably start difficult loads
A high degree of flexibility is required to configure, optimize and expand large systems. To optimally adapt a system or machine to your requirements, a power reserve in the power supply unit is crucial. The QUINT4-PS/1AC/24DC/3.8/SC supplies up to 50% additional current without a voltage drop. This is useful when it is not possible to predict which loads will be switched on at the same time or high switch-on currents of capacitive loads have to be absorbed without voltage dips. You can use the dynamic boost to supply 185% of the nominal current for 5 seconds when starting up heavy loads.
Preventive function monitoring reports critical operating states before they occur
With the QUINT4-PS/1AC/24DC/3.8/SC Industrial Power Supply, the output voltage and output current are constantly monitored. Preventive function monitoring visualizes critical operating states and indicates them locally and remotely to the controller as follows:
- Via LED
- Via floating relay contact
- Via active switching output
High efficiency and low no load power consumption
Compared with other products on the market, this QUINT Industrial Power Supply provides excellent energy savings. With a very low no load power consumption and high efficiency at nominal load, just a small amount of electrical energy is converted into undesired heat energy making these very ECO friendly power supplies.
- Tripping circuit breakers: The circuit breaker is typically tripped by the high SFB current within 3 to 5 ms. As a result, any voltage dips for loads connected in parallel are avoided.
- Tripping a fuse: Fuses are tripped by melting the predetermined breaking point inside the fuse capsule. The tripping characteristic of the fuse is described by the melting integral (I²t). A high current is crucial in order to achieve a very short tripping time.
Ideal application environments for the QUINT4-PS/1AC/24DC/3.8/SC DIN Rail Power Supply
- machine building
- automated production process
- industrial control, automation, assembly, and test equipment
- building control, security and surveillance, and climate control systems.
- power countless industrial automation devices such as sensors, controllers and valves
Other reasons to choose the QUINT4-PS/1AC/24DC/3.8/SC Industrial Power Supply
- Shipbuilding Approvals
- Adjustable Output Voltage Ranges: the output voltage can be optimally adjusted to meet specific application environment requirements, such as compensating for a voltage drop caused by a long cable length.