OWC Accelsior 4M2 OWCSSDACL4M202T 2 TB Solid State Drive - Blade Internal - PCI Express NVMe (PCI Express NVMe 3.1 x4)
Meet the fastest OWC SSD ever built
At an unprecedented 6,000MB/s, Accelsior 4M2 harnesses the power of M.2 NVMe technology to achieve breakthroughs in large format video editing, VR/AR/MR environments, and extreme gaming.
PCIE 3.0 M.2 NVME SSD STORAGE SOLUTION
- Supercharges Mac and PC: ideal for Mac Pro 2019, Mac Pro 2012 or 2010, and PC towers
- Work faster: over 6,000MB/s real-world speed in RAID 01
- Store more: space for up to 16TB of critical footage, images, files and games
- Bootable: start working in seconds2
- Slot-powered: no extra power cables needed
- Includes SoftRAID: robust software for creating, monitoring, and managing advanced RAID sets
- Deployment ready: pre-configured solutions undergo performance verification
- Highly versatile: installs into a full-height, half-length x8 or x16 PCIe 3.0 or 2.0 slot3
- Plug and play: no drivers needed
OUR NOT-SO-SECRET WINNING FORMULA
When OWC launched its first Solid State Drive (SSD) in 2010, it was engineered to deliver the same attribute formula that Mac and PC users expected from OWC external storage solutions:
High performance + high reliability + affordable price = OWC Difference
Nearly a decade later, our commitment to that winning formula remains steadfast as we push the boundaries of leading-edge SSD development with the Accelsior 4M2. It's ideal for uncompromised data intensive, high-bandwidth needs like large format video editing, virtual reality/augmented reality/mixed reality environments, high transactional and complex calculation applications, and extreme gaming.
Under Accelsior 4M2's s finned heat sink cover that provides silent throttle-free cooling reside four Phison E12 M.2 NVMe SSDs with up to 16TB of storage capacity. These "blade" style SSDs utilize Triple-Level Cell (TLC) 3D NAND with SLC caching and 7% over-provisioning.
All those "ingredients" combine to deliver over 6,000MB/s real-world read and write speeds with the highest reliability possible to satisfy the biggest storage performance appetite.
THE PERFORMANCE ADVANTAGE OF NVME
Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe) is a communication standard specifically built to optimize the performance of modern flash technology. It enables significantly faster SSD performance vs an SSD using the SATA interface, a communication protocol that was originally designed for hard disk drives. With NVMe SSDs powering its heartbeat, Accelsior 4M2 offers the fastest data rates ever delivered by an OWC SSD.
HIGHLY VERSATILE WITH MOBILE POSSIBILITIES
Whether you have the Mac Pro 2019, a Mac Pro 2012 or 2010, or PC tower, Accelsior 4M2 can go to work for you. As a half-length x8/x16 compatible card, this game-changer offers the versatility you need so you're not tied to one slot size or limited by a space-confined computer case.
You can also enjoy the performance boosting benefits of Accelsior 4M2 with your Thunderbolt 3-equipped notebook computer, iMac workstation, or slot filled gaming rig. It's plug and play easy with a PCIe expansion chassis like the OWC Mercury Helios 3s (sold separately).4 Helios 3S lets the Accelsior 4M2 flow with your workflow by offering up to 2,500MB/s real-world read/write performance in the field on your notebook.5 Once back at your desk, the choice is yours...keep Accelsior 4M2 in the Helios 3S or install it into your Mac Pro 2019 to enjoy its blistering fast 6,000MB/s capabilities.
- Store as many documents, pictures and videos as you need with 2 TB capacity
- With PCI Express NVMe 3.1 x4 interface get superb reliability and high-speed data transfer