Omnitron Systems RuggedNet Unmanaged Ruggedized Industrial Gigabit, 2xSFP, RJ-45, Ethernet Fiber Switch
The RuggedNet G/Si is an unmanaged ruggedized Industrial Ethernet gigabit fiber switch that features one or two Gigabit fiber ports and four or eight 10/100/1000 RJ-45 copper ports. The RuggedNet G/Si enables industrial network distance extension with fiber cabling.
The RuggedNet G/Si is a standard Layer 2 Ethernet switch that forwards frames to any port based on their MAC address.
The RuggedNet G/Si supports Directed Switch mode, which directs multicast traffic (such as video) only to the appropriate fiber port, preventing the multicast video traffic from flooding other network ports.
Models with two fiber ports support redundant fiber uplinks for critical applications that require protection and sub 50ms restoration in the event of a fiber failure. The second fiber port may also be used to daisy-chain multiple Ethernet switches, or it may be used as another switch port.
Models with two fiber ports also support Dual Device mode that enables the G/Si to operate as two independent and isolated Ethernet switches. In Dual Device mode, the G/Si provides separate and independent data traffic paths between the two fiber links and four or eight RJ-45 ports.
The RuggedNet G/Si modes of operation can be configured using easily accessible DIP-switches. Each DIP-switch function is labeled on the top of the RuggedNet for ease of identification and use.
The RuggedNet G/Si is available with fixed ST, SC, and LC connectors or Small Form Pluggable (SFP) transceiver receptacles. Fiber ports support multimode or single-mode and dual fiber or single-fiber with distances up to 140 km. SFP models support a variety of distances in standard and CWDM wavelengths.
The compact RuggedNet Ethernet switches can be wall mounted with an optional wall mount bracket or DIN-rail mounted using the included DIN-rail mounting clip. They are available with single or dual DC input power options.
- Features 10 networking ports to easily establish a local network or expand your existing one
- Supports optical fiber cable to span longer distances and provided high data transmission rates between servers and network components
- Gigabit Ethernet port for ultra-fast network speeds
- With leading Layer 2 support, experience enhanced convenience, secure business operations, and a borderless network experience
- The unmanaged switch provides a quick, easy and cost-saving way to add wired networking to your home, office or small business; no intervention needed