Omnitron Systems iConverter 8786T-0 Transceiver/Media Converter
The iConverter RS422/485 is a managed serial RS-422 and RS-485 to fiber converter that transmits serial protocol over fiber media. The RS422/485 media converters operate inpairs, extending serial distances over fiber up to 120km, which improves noise immunity from electrical and magnetic interference.
The RS422/485 is available with a single-mode dual fiber, multimode dual fiber or single-mode single-fiber transceiver. The serial port interface is available with either a DB-9 female connector or terminal block connector for field wiring.
The RS422/485 automatically detects the data rate of connected Full-Duplex serial device, ranging from 110 bps to 921,600 bps. It also automatically adjusts to changes in the connected device's Full-Duplex data rate during operation without reconfiguration or interruption of service.
Half-Duplex RS-485 and Full-Duplex RS-485 (sometimes referred to as Multipoint RS-422) operations are supportedvia a configurable baud rate DIP-switch to match the master/slave communication timing.
Connection to DTE or DCE devices are configured by an easily accessible DIP-switch on the front-panel. This feature eliminates the need to use a specific serial cable for each type of device.
A built-in remote Fiber Loopback DIP-switch provides easy validation of the entire fiber segment without interrupting fiber operations.
Integrated configurable terminators support RS-422 and RS-485 operations, allowing the unit to be deployed at any node in the serial line.
iConverter RS422/485 modules are hot-swappable and can be mounted in a 19-Module (2U high) or 5-Module (1U high) rack-mountable chassis (19-inch or 23-inch) with redundant AC, 24VDC or 48VDC power supplies. They can also be mounted in a 2-Module AC or 18 to 60VDC powered chassis, or in a 1-Module AC or DC powered chassis.
The iConverter Multi-Service Platform consists of Network Interface Devices, T1/E1 multiplexers, CWDM multiplexers and managed media converters that combine to deliver Carrier Ethernet and TDM services over fiber or CWDM wavelengths. This flexible architecture supports a wide variety of configurations for scalable and reliable fiber connectivity in Service Provider and Enterprise networks.
- Modules are hot-swappable in 19-Module, 5-Module, 2-Module or 1-Module chassis
- Remote Fiber Loopback DIP-switch for easy testing of fiber link, even during serial transmission
- Supports Point-to-Point Half and Full-Duplex, Multi-Point Full-Duplex, and either Head, Tail or Mid-Position
- Supports RTS and CTS controls
- Configurable bit rate for Half-Duplex RS-485 and Full-Duplex RS-485 operation
- Built-in configurable terminators
- DB-9 and Terminal Block connector options for serial interface
- Supports distances up to 5km on multimode and 120km on single-mode
- Supports bit rates ranging from 110 bps to 921,600 bps
- Multimode, single-mode dual fiber with ST, SC and LC connectors, and single-mode single-fiber with SC connectors