Lenovo PM983 3.84 TB Solid State Drive - 3.5" Internal - PCI Express (PCI Express 3.0 x4)
The Lenovo PM983 Entry NVMe PCIe solid-state drives (SSDs) in capacities of 1.92 TB and 3.84 TB are general-purpose yet high-performance SSDs for System x and ThinkServer systems. They are engineered for greater performance and endurance in a cost-effective design, and to support a broader set of workloads.
Did you know?
The PM983 family of SSDs are follow-ons to the PM963 drives. The PM983 drives offer improved performance, both in terms of random read/write performance (IOPS) and sequential read/write bandwidth (MB/s). Sequential write latency has also been improved.
Lenovo Entry SSDs are suitable for read-intensive and general-purpose data center workloads, however their NVMe PCIe interface means the drives also offer high performance. Overall, these SSDs provide outstanding IOPS/watt and cost/IOPS for enterprise solutions.
- Available in 2.5-inch (U.2) and 3.5-inch form factors
- Low cost, read-intensive SSD from Samsung
- Direct PCIe 3.0 x4 connection for each NVMe drive, resulting in up to 4 GBps overall throughput.
- Advanced ECC Engine and End-to-End Data Protection
- Samsung 32 layer V-NAND stacks the vertical NAND layers in three dimensions, solving the cell-to-cell interference that causes data corruption in planar NAND.
- Protect data integrity from unexpected power loss with Samsung's advanced power-loss protection architecture
- Supports Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology (S.M.A.R.T).