Cisco ME 3400EG-12CS Chassis
The Cisco ME 3400E Series offers two different Cisco IOS® Software feature images. The METROACCESS image offers advanced quality of service (QoS), rate limiting, robust multicast control, and comprehensive security features. In addition, the METROACCESS image includes a rich set of Carrier Ethernet access features including 802.1Q Tunneling, Layer 2 Protocol Tunneling (L2PT), and Flexlink. The METROIPACCESS image adds advanced Layer 3 features such as support for advanced IP routing protocols, Multi-VPN Routing and Forwarding Customer Edge (Multi-VRF CE), and Policy Based Routing (PBR).
The SFP-based Gigabit Ethernet ports accommodate a wide range of 100BASE, 1000BASE, coarse wavelength-division multiplexing (CWDM), and dense wavelength-division multiplexing (DWDM) SFP transceivers. These ports also support the Cisco Catalyst® 3560 SFP Interconnect Cable for establishing a low-cost Gigabit Ethernet point-to-point connection.
- Features 12 networking ports to easily establish a local network or expand your existing one
- Cascade to other network devices through the uplink port to expand your local area network
- Up to 10x faster than standard Ethernet server connectivity while providing high-performance uplinks
- Supports layer 3 switching for enhanced performance and usability
- Managed switch provides a reliable foundation for your network
- Built-in power supply to ensure all components are being supplied with accurate voltage
- Rack mounting enables you to organize wires & secure cables for professional installation