Cisco D9854-I Satellite Receiver - 16:9 - 1080i
Digital Program Distribution
The Cisco D9854-I Advanced Program Receiver offers Asynchronous Serial Interface (ASI) transport output and MPEGoIP output (a licensed option). They provide a number of output modes and can carry a decrypted program for digital tier distribution. This capability helps ensure that compressed video programs are efficiently distributed to households equipped with digital set-top boxes.
Digital Program Mapping
Digital Program Mapping allows programmers to "transparently" substitute programs at the uplink. It maintains predictable and compliant transport output during service replacement, network information table (NIT) retuning, and channel changes, including forced tuning. This feature remaps the packet identifier (PID) information from the primary service to an alternate service, allowing downstream devices to continue to operate without headend operator intervention. This helps ensure availability of alternate programming in the digital tier.
Digital Advertisement Insertion
Digital program insertion (DPI) information is available along with the video and audio PIDs for external advertisement insertion in compressed digital format.
- DVB-CI support for CAM-based conditional access
- Support for Basic Interoperable Scrambling System (BISS) conditional access
- Cisco PowerVu® conditional access with Data Encryption Standard (DES) or DVB descrambling
- DVB-S2 QPSK and eight phase shift keying (8PSK) demodulation
- DVB-S quaternary phase shift keying (QPSK) demodulation
- Supports Forward Error Correction (FEC) based on SMPTE 2022 for MPEGoIP input and Output
- MPEGoIP Output with Redundancy (1 MPTS or 16 SPTS)
- MPEGoIP Input with Redundancy (1 MPTS or 1 SPTS)
- Four L-band inputs
- New H/W with up to 180 Mbps throughput/bandwidth