Asus Prime X299-A II Desktop Motherboard - Intel X299 Chipset - Socket R4 LGA-2066 - Intel Optane Memory Ready - ATX
Intel ATX motherboard LGA 2066 for Intel Core X-series processors, with AI Overclocking, 12 IR3555 power stages, DDR4 4266 MHz, Triple M.2, USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C and Aura Sync RGB lighting
- Intel LGA 2066 socket: Ready for the latest Intel® Core™ X-series processors
- AI Overclocking: Quickly optimizes your CPU performance based on the CPU and cooler, achieving results that are extremely close to manual tuning by experts
- Robust power design: 12 IR3555 power stages, ProCool II connectors, alloy chokes and ultra-durable capacitors for stable power delivery
- M.2 heatsink: Ultra-efficient heatsink reduces M.2 SSD temperatures by up to 20° C for unthrottled transfer speeds and enhanced reliability
- Next-gen connectivity: Intel Optane memory ready, Intel® VROC support, dual M.2 support, and USB 3.2 Gen Type-C™
The Prime X299-A II caters to users with serious pursuits: Those who prefer to put their high-core-count processors to more productive use. This high-end desktop board combines cutting-edge performance with our signature features, including an enhanced VRM tailored for running the CPU performance at stock speeds, intuitive cooling control, next-gen connectivity, and extensive customization.
Get the most out of all your cores
Intel®'s high-end desktop platform raises the stakes with updated Intel Core™ X-Series Processors that boast cores, cache, and bandwidth. The Prime X299-A II is ready for the additional processing power that plows through CPU-intensive tasks, and the extra bandwidth allows you to add more GPUs and NVMe SSDs to accelerate a wide range of work.
Robust Power Design
The LGA 2066 socket is compatible with Intel Core X-Series Processors with up to 18 cores, over 44 PCI Express® lanes, and 165-watt thermal design power (TDP). Those specs require serious power, so the Prime X299-A II is equipped with an enhanced power solution that includes 12 power stages that line up neatly along the top edge of the PCB.
ProCool II connector
ProCool II connectors ensure a snug and reliable connection to the EPS 12V power lines. The second-generation features upgrades of metal amour and solid pins for better heat dissipation, as well as a warning LED-display with a BIOS POST message to indicate an improper connection.
Prime X299-A II VRM is comprised of 12 IR3555 PowIRstages®, each rated to handle 60 amps
Microfine Alloy choke
Each PowIRstage is accompanied by a high-permeability alloy-core choke rated to handle 45 amps.
Make your memory go faster
The X299 platform delivers ample bandwidth on multiple fronts. Its quad-channel memory controller supports up to 256 GB of DDR4 memory across eight slots. With optimized trace layout, the Prime X299-A II can hit memory speeds up to DDR4 4266 MHz or beyond.
Fully loaded takes on a new meaning when you have over 44 PCI Express lanes stemming from the CPU. Those lanes can be split in an x16/x16/x8 configuration spanning the board's trio of PCIe x16 slots, allowing you to load up on GPUs to accelerate an increasingly diverse array of work.
M.2Achieve speed with onboard M.2
Professional applications require fast solid-state storage, which is why the Prime X299-A II is equipped with three M.2 slots that are compatible with the latest NVMe SSDs. All slots support longer 110 mm drives, and they can be configured into bootable RAID arrays connected directly to the CPU via Intel VROC technology.
- Compatible Core X-Series processor lets you perform all your computational tasks at a swift pace
- DDR4 SDRAM compatible slot - Allows the memory to operate at an effective bus speed while using minimal power, resulting in an optimal computer performance and improved memory heat dissipation
- Supported 10 RAID levels provide data reliability and fault tolerance
- ATX form factor brings a significant number of PCI slots, expansion slots, and peripheral ports with an enhanced heat dissipation capability
- 2 USB 2.0 ports offer the impressive data transfer speed of up to 60 Mb/sec